For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Sep 29 21:11:23 UTC 2003

Sean Chittenden writes:
 > > Why should the GPL be any different to you?
 >
 > A patch under the GPL is the same as a patch released in an unusable
 > form.  My bias and the OSSALs bias against the GPL stems from the
 > terms in the GPL that prevent me from using GPL'ed code in products.

Exactly my point.  It's not the GPL that you're biased against, but
that's how you have your license written.  As such, it will fail to
achieve your stated goals.  On the other hand, the EU Datagrid license
will.  I strongly suggest that you use their license, which I will be
sending to the board for approval in short order.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Can I recommend python?
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Just a thought.