license idea (revised)

Chuck Swiger chuck at codefab.com
Wed Jul 16 21:48:26 UTC 2003

John Cowan wrote:
[ ... ]
> Am I obliged to publish all changes that I make to any OSS which I use
> in my business?  Presumably not; the right to make private changes
> is protected by (AFAIK) all open-source licenses including the GPL.
> Deploying software in an ASP is not IMHO essentially different; it is use,
> not publication.

Agreed.  The end-user of an ASP is viewing content generated by the application,
  not necessarily receiving a "redistribution" of the ASP software itself.

	--

Would anyone care to comment on the licensing found here:

http://www.backplane.com/licensing.html

I seem to also find myself producing licenses that are "free" by Matt's
standards (if not by the semantics defined here or by the FSF)...

--
-Chuck