OT: Vacation messages to list posts

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Wed Dec 24 10:37:00 UTC 2003

It's generally considered inconsiderate, not to mention an indiscrete
advertisement of a potentially vacant house, to allow 'vacation'
autoresponses to list mail.

I've received over a half-dozen of same in response to my most recent
post to this list.  I'd strongly encourage subscribers to double-check
their mail rules, and reconsider use of a vacation message at all.
A delegated forward would likely be more useful, less annoying, and less
a security issue.

Peace.