It's incompatible with the GPL

Fernando Velloso fervelloso at fibertel.com.ar
Sun May 5 17:44:05 UTC 2002

Bjorn Reese wrote:
>That may very well be the case, but GPL compliancy is not >a concern
>of the Open Source Definition.

True, but it's part of the process of getting a license approved.

"3.Explain how software distributed under your license can be used in conjunction with software distributed under other open source licenses. Which license do you think will take precedence for derivative or combined works? Is there any software license that is entirely incompatible with your proposed license?."

Akil Franklin (who sent the license)  wrote:
>To our knowledge there are no software licenses that are >entirely incompatible with our proposed license.

I just wanted that they know that it's incompatible with the GPL, in my opinion. It' incompatible because it has the same problem of the orginal BSD license which is described at http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html
They can fix it by deleting the clauses 3 and 6.

Fernando Velloso.