Discuss: BSD Protection License

phil hunt philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 14:04:28 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 12 March 2002  8:14 pm, Andy Tai wrote:

> The only point in this license seems to be the GPL
> incompatibility.  And you then blame the GPL?  If the
> GPL is "guilty" of anything, then you are "guilty" of
> the same.
>
> So this license creates "walls" in open source code
> and divides the community, on purpose.  Maybe this
> license should be discouraged just for this.

I agree. The entire intent behind this license is to be
deliberately incompatible with the most commonly used open
source license.

IMO this calls into question whether the proponent is acting in
good faith.

--
<"><"><"> Philip Hunt <philh at comuno.freeserve.co.uk> <"><"><">
"I would guess that he really believes whatever is politically