discuss: Open Game Source License

Tig tigger at onemoremonkey.com
Fri Jul 19 22:19:09 UTC 2002

The name of the license is not important and can change, however the
reason for the word order is this.

Open Source Game License (to me) implies that the license is for a game
that is open source. The license is for the data files or components,
not the game.

Open Game Source License (again, to me) implies that the license is for
a game source data that is publicly available. Maybe Open Source Game
Data License would be clearer?

-Tig