discuss: Open Game Source License

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri Jul 19 21:55:10 UTC 2002

Tig scripsit:

> Thanks for the response John. Based on your feedback I have update the
> OGSL. It is now even shorter. The URL's are the same.
>
> Blank Template
> http://lvl.sourceforge.net/txt/ogs/lvl-ogs-license.txt
> Example
> http://lvl.sourceforge.net/txt/ogs/tig_mouldy-src.txt
>
> I do have one question. Most, if not all of the OSI licenses I have
> looked at have 'Copyright' stamped on them somewhere. The OGSL does not
> have this as I assumed (very possibly wrongly) that it was not needed.

It is not needed, but it is worth doing anyhow, to establish the source
of the license.  (You get certain benefits if you sue for copyright
infringement, but who's gonna sue over copyright infringement of a
license!)

--
There is / One art                      John Cowan <jcowan at reutershealth.com>
No more / No less                       http://www.reutershealth.com