Open source + commercial

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Sep 14 12:12:04 UTC 2001

Hi,

I'm a bit new to software licenses.

I've investigated through all the usual OSI-approved software licenses and I
still haven't found what I'm looking for.

I thought the QPL would fit, but after reading it carefully, it doesn't seem
like.

What I'm looking for is a Free Software license, that enables anyone to
use/modify/publish the source code, but only for non-commercial products. And
if anybody wants to use it in a commercial product, they have to pay someone.

Does something like this exist ? Maybe it was the other Qt license which may
not be OSI-approved ?

thanx in advance