Wonka Public Licence

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Wed Nov 14 20:36:06 UTC 2001

Chris Gray writes:
 > Dear all,
 >
 > I was disappointed to see that our licence
 > (URL:http://wonka.acunia.com/wonkapl.html) seems not to have made
 > it onto the agenda of last Wednesday's meeting.  Since the WPL is
 > now really just revised-BSD with a polite request tacked onto the
 > end (we removed an Apache-style clause because it conflicted with
 > the GPL), I propose that we self-certify, so to speak: that is, in
 > our communications we (ACUNIA) simply state that our licence is
 > fully compliant with the OSD, just as we assert that it is
 > GPL-compatible.  Of course an OSI-certified gong would still be
 > very welcome.

If the request is no legal meaning, why do you need your license
approved?

If the request indeed has legal import, what problem is it solving?

In any case, if you resubmit it according to the new submission
instructions, I'll get it on the agenda if I have any spare time after
dealing with getting my mother home from the hospital.

--
-russ nelson <sig at russnelson.com>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | Why are we still fighting