Wonka Public Licence

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Tue Nov 6 02:42:15 UTC 2001

On Monday 05 November 2001 02:31 am, Chris Gray wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I was disappointed to see that our licence
> (URL:http://wonka.acunia.com/wonkapl.html)
> seems not to have made it onto the agenda of last Wednesday's meeting.

Taking a quick gander at the license, I see no reason that it would not be
approved. I can only assume tha the OSI board ran out of time.

However, please reconsider offering this license at all! The last thing the
world needs is Yet Another Open Source License. Since you license is
essentially the BSD license with an added request, why not just use the BSD
license and append the request? You're now done and have an OSI approved
license and nothing has changed.

--
David Johnson