Free documentation licenses

John Cowan cowan at locke.ccil.org
Mon Nov 27 13:13:58 UTC 2000

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, David Johnson wrote:

> I am in the process of writing a user manual and did some checking around for
> appropriate free licenses. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything suitable.

IMHO it makes sense to release a manual under the same license
as the software, so that it can be changed in synchrony with the software.
What you have here looks like a close variant of new-BSD.
If you are releasing the software under new-BSD, then use new-BSD as
the documentation license as well.

John Cowan                                   cowan at ccil.org
One art/there is/no less/no more/All things/to do/with sparks/galore
	--Douglas Hofstadter