Alternate Route Open Source Licenses

David Johnson arandir at meer.net
Thu Jan 27 02:44:30 UTC 2000

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Brice, Richard wrote:

> The full text of the Alternate Route licenses can be found at
> http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/bridge/alternateroute/licenses.htm
> <http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/bridge/alternateroute/licenses.htm>

One quick comment: in section 5 of the AROSL, at the beginning, it says
"...under the terms of Sections 4 and 5...". I'm assuming that this is a typo.

One longer comment: do you intend to allow dynamically linking modified AROSL
applications to non-AROSL (or compatible) libraries? The GPL, in some opinions,
is unclear on this point. I would humbly suggest clarifying your wishes in this
regard, either for or against.

 --
Arandir...