Alternate Route Open Source Licenses

Brice, Richard BriceR at WSDOT.WA.GOV
Wed Jan 26 16:32:42 UTC 2000

I respectfully request the Alternate Route Open Source Licenses be approved
for use with the OSI Open Source certification mark.
This is a re-submittal from 10/29/1999. No discussion or action has taken
place on this request so I though I would re-post.
One outstanding question from the last round of reviews was the potential of
copyright violation by basing our license on the GPL and LGPL. After
engaging in discussions with the Free Software Foundation, we have made some
minor modifications to the Alternate Route Open Source License and the
Alternate Route Library Open Source License.  The licenses are now
acceptable to the Free Software Foundation and WSDOT has been granted
permission to base our licenses upon the GPL and LGPL licenses.
The full text of the Alternate Route licenses can be found at
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/bridge/alternateroute/licenses.htm
<http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/eesc/bridge/alternateroute/licenses.htm>

Richard Brice, PE
Software Applications Engineer
Washington State Department of Transportation, Bridge and Structures Office
360-705-7174