The Free World Licence V1 is now released.

Ross N. Williams ross at rocksoft.com
Tue Aug 29 03:19:08 UTC 2000

Hello Licence Hackers,

This is just a note to let you know that the Free World Licence V1
has been frozen and released. Its website is at:

   http://freeworldlicence.org/

The Free World Licence provides most of the usual free-software freedoms,
but for free platforms (Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD etc) only.
The website has a bulletin board for discussing the licence.

This list long ago determined that the Free World Licence is not
"Open Source" or OSI certifiable (there's a page in the web about
that), so I am not posting to submit this licence for evaluation.
I'm just emailing to let you all know that it's out there now.

I want to emphasise that I do not think that the Free World Licence
is the "best" licence (as some people have assumed I think) or anything
like that. I'm not ideological about it. However, I do think it's a new
useful licence with a role to play in the scheme of things.

Thanks for the feedback and help I received from people on this list
during the drafting process.

   Free plug: Check out my newly-released FreeVeracity data integrity and
   network intrusion-detection tool at http://freeveracity.org/  :-)
   It's released under the Free World Licence.

Ross.

Dr Ross N. Williams (ross at rocksoft.com), +61 8 8232-6262 (fax-6264).
Director, Rocksoft Pty Ltd, Adelaide, Australia: http://www.rocksoft.com/
Protect your files with Veracity data integrity: http://www.veracity.com/