License Approval Process

Dave Stanley fuelthedave at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 10 03:12:09 UTC 2000

I echo SamNC experience with OSI. I also had to ask
for confirmation of receipt of my license and I got a
blunt one line reply witjout even a signing off
signature from Mr.Rosen. I thought maybe because I
don't have the pedigree of corporate backing that my
effort was not as useful to OSI. I see the list of
license include some nice names like IBM, MIT, Python.
What's the use of listing the licenses that we all
know have been accepted by OSI? For 6 weeks ago, I
waited patiently to no avail. Now, I'm told my license
may be lost because it was part of an email. Doesn't
that simplify the license approval request? At the
risk of hurting my chances of a prompt review, I'm not
impressed at all.

Dave Stanley