Accusations, accusations, always accusations

Csaba Szigetvari csaba.szigetvari at citicorp.com
Tue Oct 26 10:15:28 UTC 1999

---We got almost there, then Linus Torvalds added the missing piece
---and finished the job.  So we did succeed, although many others
---helped.

This thread seems to be about giving credit to the GNU effort, while the
above statement suggest that Linus' contribution was just a snap or some
strike of luck. Is it really necessary to play down some one else's
contribution to justify the GNU/Linux name?

---GNU as an operating system
---is a success under the the name "Linux".

If GNU is an operating system, why do we have to call it GNU/Linux? Why
not just GNU? Based on your arguments that would be more appropriate.

---Csaba Szigetvári