[openip] Re: GNU License for Hardware

Bernard Lang Bernard.Lang at inria.fr
Sat Oct 23 10:46:47 UTC 1999

Cf. your ptoposal below ...

why not ... seems fair ... except it does not work

- how do you hendle sharing revenues between contributors ?

- how do you share responsibility for the software you are now selling ?

- it introcuces viscosity in the sytems,... more things to bother with

   and most people do not want to bother ...

read the litterature on libre development... your scheme is just to
complex ... and too constraining ...

But since you object to free (gratis) contributions, I suggest you be
consistent and buy solaris or SCO.

Bernard

--
Bernard.Lang at inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 1 3963 5644