YAOSL - Yet Another Open Source License

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Oct 15 23:32:57 UTC 1999

From: Alex Nicolaou <anicolao at cgl.uwaterloo.ca>
> While I agree that this needs to be added to my license, I'm not sure
> why modified binary versions really need to be distributed in general.

Debian policy, for example, is to rebuild everything:

	1. To match the dynamic libraries they distribute.
	2. As an assurance against trojan horses - the source will then
	   match the binary.

Regarding the sending back of modifications, please read the APSL, IBM Public
Source license, or the ATT license and use their text. The APSL is at
http://publicsource.apple.com/ , I think.

	Thanks

	Bruce