GPL + advertising clause

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Oct 13 03:58:20 UTC 1999

The seemingly obvious answer to this is: Because for as many hundreds of
nice people there are in the world, there is a single dick which spoils it
for everyone. The ratio of dicks to nice people is a variable that changes
from time to time, but in today's business world, it seems to have
increased more than most of us would like.

Most people will obey the request, but there's the one who won't and will
screw it up for everyone else.