[ppc-mobo] Re: GNU License for Hardware

Arandir arandir at meer.net
Wed Oct 13 01:56:56 UTC 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Kristofer Coward wrote:

> True, but the only non-free software living at a low enough level to be
> considered part of the OS (that I can think of) is qt (which a lot of open
> source folk don't consider a threat to the movement).

Okay, Qt licensing is still on-topic, so here goes:

The current version of Qt is 100% Free Software and 100% Open Source. The
previous versions of Qt (1.4x and prior) were not Free or Open (merely
semi-free), and this may be what you meant. All software that is currently
based on Qt 1.4x is being upgraded to work with Qt 2.0.

It would make sense, at least until Qt 1.4x fades into history, that we refer
to Qt by it's versions 1.4 or 2.0.

--
Arandir...