[ppc-mobo] Re: GNU License for Hardware

Kristofer Coward kris at snow.utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 12 19:55:11 UTC 1999

> Anyway, you don't have to go that far for an example, think of all the linux
> distrib who also ship non free sofware with it ?

True, but the only non-free software living at a low enough level to be
considered part of the OS (that I can think of) is qt (which a lot of open
source folk don't consider a threat to the movement). The rest is apps
(many of that being programs that do a job that no free software does
satisfactorily yet, and even accepted as a necessary evil by FSF.. unless
RMS has any objections to this statement)

Kris Coward