Draft 1 of the OpenDesk.com Public Source License

Andrew J Bromage ajb at buzzword.cc.monash.edu.au
Fri Nov 19 04:32:30 UTC 1999

G'day all.

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 08:24:49PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I surmise that
> the proportionally lower interest in BSD, Mozilla, and other non-GPL
> projects might be due in part to this sentiment.

Hmmm... I suspect that there are more "external" people working on, say,
Mozilla than there are working on, say, GCC.  That's just a guess, mind
you.  Plus, there seems to be more development interest in XFree86 than
there is in Emacs.

I don't think the licence has as much to do with it as you think,
compared with how sexy the project is and how badly the community wants
the software/changes.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage