Essay RFC delayed.

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Aug 28 02:28:40 UTC 1999

Ean R . Schuessler <ean at novare.net>:
> So we should recast our movement in their selfish minded terms?

Now you're getting it, maybe.  Yes, we should.

Not because we necessarily think in those terms ourselves, but because
that's how you get the job of persuasion most effectively.

>               Several years later, you came and wrote a fairly
>interesting paper detailing this process and subsequently took credit
>for it having occured.

Ean, you have the option of ceasing to sound like an idiot at any time.
But you still will as long as you keep making claims like this that are
(a) ad hominem, and (b) easily refuted by anybody who actually who has
actually read what I wrote, then and since.
--

Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government
of himself.  Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?