[beyond-licensing] Moving forward with the working group

Allison Randal allison at opensource.org
Fri May 6 00:10:04 UTC 2016

On 05/05/2016 07:38 PM, Stephen Walli wrote:
> Quick naive question -- is this work an extension of the Open Source
> Sustainability Summit Day hosted by O'Reilly?  Was there a report out
> from that day?

Not exactly, the idea for the working group has been brewing for about a
year now. In one of those "similar ideas percolating at the same time in
multiple places" coincidences, a few of us who were at the summit
discovered we had been thinking along similar lines, which was enough
critical mass to kickstart the group into existence.

I think Danese and Rachel said O'Reilly was planning to publish a report
from that day.

Allison