[License-discuss] Updating the PHP license

McCoy Smith mccoy at lexpan.law
Mon May 27 14:17:40 UTC 2024

FWIW, the current PHP license has some (IMHO) minor issues with
drafting, and is non-reusable, and has an advertising clause (clause 6)
which means it is generally not particularly useful for many users and
is not reusable for other projects. Switching to BSD-3-Clause therefore
seems like a good idea.

You'd probably want to avail yourself of the option of voluntarily
retiring PHP 3.01 when you make the switch.