[License-discuss] Does the LinShare "attribution" notice violate OSD?

Simon Phipps simon at webmink.net
Mon Sep 19 18:40:04 UTC 2022

I agree that all looks very worrying and probably disqualifying, but the
trademark terms in clause 2 are even worse as they prohibit you from
rebranding the software as would be essential to fork:

Using these trademarks without the (TM) trademark notice symbol, removing
> these trademarks from the software, modifying these trademarks in any
> manner except proportional scaling (under the proviso that such scaling
> keeps the trademark clearly legible), or using these trademarks to promote
> any products or services commercially, or on product packaging, websites,
> books, documentation or any other publication without a written, signed
> agreement with Linagora is strictly prohibited, and constitutes an
> infringement of Linagora intellectual property rights over these trademarks.

I can't see any this new license resulting from the AGPL and the additional
terms would be approved by license-review@

Cheers

Simon
(in a personal capacity)