[License-discuss] What does "appropriate standing" in the review process mean?

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Fri May 15 14:54:26 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 10:28 AM Tobie Langel <tobie at unlockopen.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> The license review process[1] states that you need to have "appropriate standing" to submit a license review request.
>
> What does that term mean and where is it defined?
>
> Could we either define it on the same page or remove this requirement altogether?

It's not obvious but I think it refers to the "by" line in the
description of the submission types.

In the normal "For Approval" case, it's the license steward who has
appropriate standing.

In the "Retirement" case, it's "license steward (only)", which hints
that there might be cases where a non-steward could do an approval
submission for the "approval" case (as has happened a few times).

In the "Legacy Approval" case, it's the license steward or "interested
licensee".

Richard