[License-discuss] Thoughts on AAL and OSS vs FOSS

Hillel Coren hillelcoren at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 09:56:55 UTC 2020

Hi Henrik,

Thank you as well! I appreciate that everyone here is just trying to
determine what's best for OSS as a whole.

> The specific text of the AAL that is problematic...

100% agreed, the current AAL license is outdated to the point where it
doesn't make sense any more. We chose it because it was the closest OSI
approved license to achieve our objectives.

> would you be willing to upgrade to such AAL 2.0

Most likely yes, we'd gladly switch to a 2.0 AAL which was more up to date.
We don't need a badge which is always visible on screen, just a visual
indicator (ie, in the page footer) showing who originally developed the
software.

Kind regards,
Hillel