[License-discuss] Language, appropriateness, and ideas

Russell McOrmond russellmcormond at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 15:08:34 UTC 2020

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 9:24 AM Nigel T <nigel.2048 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is rude and disrespectful to go to someone else’s home and continue
> to prosthelytize your beliefs when previously told “sorry, no, those
> beliefs are incompatible with mine”.
>
> Sent from my iPhone (because Apple isn’t unethical to me)

*smile*

The fact we can disagree about Apple, and yet can work together on Open
Source (policy and software), is entirely the point.

Claiming it is those of us trying to protect the non-discriminatory core of
Open Source that are the rude and disrespectful ones is entirely backward.

Pamela has suggested that discussing whether Open Source and the OSD is
still relevant is on-topic.  I find it infuriating that dismantling the
Open Source movement can become on-topic because a group of (IMO unethical)
people want to leverage the hard-fought positive reputation of Open Source
for their own personal political gain.

manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or portable
media player from my cold dead hands!" http://c11.ca/own