[License-discuss] A modest proposal to reduce the number of BSD licenses

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at amazon.com
Thu Aug 20 23:53:11 UTC 2020

Hi!

If anyone can find cases were Amazon or an Amazon company is publishing open source under a non-standard BSD license, please let me know, and we will fix it.

If anyone gets involved in formally step by step relicensing an open source project and there are commits to it from Amazon staff, again, please let me know, and we may can help you.

Amazon’s preferred permissive license is Apache 2.0.  In part because it doesn’t have this “dozens and dozens of pointless minor variants” problem.

..m

Mark Atwood < <mailto:atwoodm at amazon.com> atwoodm at amazon.com>

Principal, Open Source

+1-206-604-2198