[License-discuss] [License-review] Evolving the License Review process for OSI

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon May 27 14:10:47 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 9:52 AM Henrik Ingo <henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi>
wrote:

Your assumption that vast hordes of developers aren't strongly
> pro-copyleft is also mistaken.

I don't know about hordes, but certainly the BSD and clang communities
(which overlap) tend to be so.  One, certainly not the only, reason for
developing clang was to provide a production-quality C/C++ compiler that
was not GPL, yet highly compatible with gcc.

'My young friend, if you do not now, immediately and instantly, pull
as hard as ever you can, it is my opinion that your acquaintance in the
large-pattern leather ulster' (and by this he meant the Crocodile) 'will
jerk you into yonder limpid stream before you can say Jack Robinson.'
        --the Bi-Coloured-Python-Rock-Snake