[License-discuss] The pro se license constructor

John Sullivan johns at fsf.org
Tue Mar 19 01:21:24 UTC 2019

Bruce Perens <bruce at perens.com> writes:

> 2. Use PEP. This appears to be an RFC-like process, and I am not yet clear
> how it avoids the complaint about the present process, which is that
> discussion of the proposal on a mailing list seems to be un-trackable or
> uncomfortable. Python mostly used the python-dev mailing list.

As one of the people who suggested something along these lines -- it
helps with tracking because a document is developed during the
conversation, and conversations can be expected to refer to the
document. Revisions of the document are posted periodically with a
standard subject line so that people who have not been able to track the
discussion threads can jump in, see where things stand, and still
contribute meaningfully.

It doesn't help with the uncomfortable part.

-john

GPG Key: A462 6CBA FF37 6039 D2D7 5544 97BA 9CE7 61A0 963B
https://status.fsf.org/johns | https://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<https://my.fsf.org/join>.