[License-discuss] The per se license constructor

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Sat Mar 16 20:10:48 UTC 2019

It's true that drafting by a lawyer is no guarantee of quality, but I agree
with Bruce that writing a legal license *for others to use* is bordering
legal advice. It's therefore a necessary minimum requirement.

I don't see an issue with barrier to entry. The OSI already provides an
ample menu of approved licenses you can use at no cost. There's no reason
why approving new licenses should be zero cost, it certainly isn't for the
OSI! Other FOSS foundations also provide high quality pro bono legal
advice, it would be clearer if OSI isn't both the prosecutor (or public
defender, in Bruce's words) and judge.

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-5697354        skype: henrik.ingo            irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7