[License-discuss] discussion of L-R process [was Re: [License-review] Approval: Server Side Public License, Version 2 (SSPL v2)]

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Fri Mar 15 20:44:38 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 1:37 PM Mike Milinkovich <
mike.milinkovich at opensource.org> wrote:

> And I think the votes are actually relatively well documented as you can
> see from the snippets below.

Thank you for shedding light on the situation. If I am not mistaken, we
only get a vote count on any choice whatsoever, whether it is licensing
related or not, never names attached to votes.

This is all a little ironic, since I just led a big anti-confidentiality
push among ARRL's members, stating that the members should know how
directors voted so that they can inform their own votes for directors. We
struck down the confidentiality provisions.

    Thanks

    Bruce