[License-discuss] code hosting

Thorsten Glaser tg at mirbsd.de
Mon Jun 10 23:01:34 UTC 2019

John Cowan dixit:

>A basically volunteer agency like OSI "self-hosts" when someone
>volunteers to host for them. When that volunteer loses interest, the
>"self-hosting" goes away.

OK, good point. I was thinking of individuals, or a bunch of
like-minded individuals (but still defined by them instead of
an organisation), creating works.

>That's the way the Scheme community lost a bunch of servers and some
>important mailing list archives. We've gotten most of it back now, but
>it has taken a lot more effort by a lot more volunteers.

Ouch. I get your point, for this particular use case.

Good luck,
//mirabilos
--
When he found out that the m68k port was in a pretty bad shape, he did
not, like many before him, shrug and move on; instead, he took it upon