[License-discuss] Open Source and the extension of copyright

VanL van.lindberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:51:18 UTC 2019

FYI, I am on record as agreeing with you on this point - I wrote about it
in my book in the context of feeling that some GPL advocates and the GPL
FAQ stretched the bounds of copyright too far - thus creating a negative
policy outcome even while trying to do something good for the GPL.

However, in the context of where we are with regard to Oracle v. Google, I
may at some point need to eat crow on that whole discussion and say that
the GPL FAQ was mostly correct. Mostly.

:)

Thanks,
Van