[License-discuss] Question about LGPL 2.1 and APL 2.0 Compatibility

Bryan Christ bryan.christ at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:03:02 UTC 2019

I am the author of a library that is licensed under the LGPL 2.1.  It's
very clear that a closed source work can dynamically link to the library.
That's easy to understand.  There are 2 other scenarios however that I am
unclear about:

1.  Can a LGPL 2.1 dynamically link to an APL 2.0 library or binary?
2.  Can an APL 2.0 binary dynamically link to a LGPL 2.1 library?

I did a lot of searching on the web first and couldn't find anything
covering this.

Thanks in advance to whoever replies.

--
Bryan