[License-discuss] [License-review] License Ragnarök

Simon Phipps webmink at opensource.org
Thu Oct 25 17:48:36 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 6:29 PM Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> wrote:

> VM Brasseur requested:
> > Please move this conversation to license-discuss.
>
> I will comply. But I don't like it.
>
> (1) Mostly the same people are on both lists. What do we accomplish by
> this move other than splitting the important discussion over two archives?
>
> (2) The suggestion that anyone can review a proposed license without
> referring to and discussing other licenses or the OSD is unreasonable. We
> live in an ecosystem. Even history is relevant.

It's because many people have advised us that the traffic on license-review
is so high that they can easily miss relevant messages. We are also aware
that many reviewers prioritise license-review over other lists As a
consequence, side conversations like this one (which you helpfully retitled
- thanks) must take place on license-discuss. This policy also applies to
side conversations within a thread that are not helpfully retitled.

Thanks for your compliance!

Simon