[License-discuss] Open source software licenses and the OSD

Tzeng, Nigel H. Nigel.Tzeng at jhuapl.edu
Mon Nov 12 12:16:24 UTC 2018

The OSI is not a membership organization.

All the $40 pays for is the ability to advise the board to pick someone (and I guess some discounts) but the board is under no obligation to actually do so according to the bylaws.

Maybe I am a member of some OSI discount club but not actually a member of the OSI.  It’s probably counts as a donation but probably no longer worth the effort of getting a donation receipt and claiming anymore.