[License-discuss] Open source software licenses and the OSD

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Mon Nov 12 05:48:12 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 11, 2018, 19:42 Lawrence Rosen

> Please comment directly on the 10-item W3C Royalty-Free License
> <https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20170801/#sec-Requirements>
> requirements. Can you incorporate them somehow into the OSD?

I haven't evaluated them yet. It would probably be about a hundred times
easier to have them in a separate document.

Regarding OSI being a membership organization, the sad reality is that
having OSI join standards organizations and flying around to meet with all
of them costs a lot of money. But I did not find the individual membership
fee to be any sort of hardship.