[License-discuss] was about Server-Side license but is about copyleft....

Lawrence Rosen lrosen at rosenlaw.com
Thu Nov 8 23:25:56 UTC 2018

John Cowan wrote:

> Distinguo. Those are not put *into* my application.  SQLite is, but fortunately it's PD/Zero.

Please find the word "into" in the OSD. Isn't that where I'd expect to find the outer limits of "copyleft"?  /Larry

[<LER>] Not always, John. Add Linux or MySQL to your application with complete freedom. Someone is making a whole bunch of random exceptions for GPLv2 "copyleft" software.  I prefer those exceptions to the interpretation you cited.

Distinguo. Those are not put *into* my application.  SQLite is, but fortunately it's PD/Zero.