[License-discuss] was about Server-Side license but is about copyleft....

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Nov 8 22:37:26 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 5:33 PM Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw.com> wrote:

[<LER>] Not always, John. Add Linux or MySQL to your application with
> complete freedom. Someone is making a whole bunch of random exceptions for
> GPLv2 "copyleft" software.  I prefer those exceptions to the interpretation
> you cited.

Distinguo. Those are not put *into* my application.  SQLite is, but
fortunately it's PD/Zero.

First known example of political correctness: After Nurhachi had united
all the other Jurchen tribes under the leadership of the Manchus, his
successor Abahai (1592-1643) issued an order that the name Jurchen should
be banned, and from then on, they were all to be called Manchus.
                --S. Robert Ramsey, The Languages of China