[License-discuss] [somewhat OT provocation] justifying the commercial no-discrimination clause

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Wed Mar 1 21:47:02 UTC 2017

So... if someone asked you to justify OSD #6, what's the best rationale
you've seen (or could provide yourself)? I'd love links or answers.

An ideal answer would address the perceived ongoing challenge of building
sustainable models for maintainers/projects (possibly including the
challenge of bringing the less economically privileged into our
communities).

I'm writing/thinking about this topic right now and want to make sure I'm
not arguing with strawmen, so the best/most serious answers will be deeply
appreciated.

Thanks-
Luis
--