[License-discuss] Fwd: Yet another question about using libraries with different licensed in OSS

Massimo Zaniboni massimo.zaniboni at asterisell.com
Wed Jan 18 21:10:58 UTC 2017

On 18/01/2017 21:30, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>> - the AUTHORS (but not who made typos/small bug-fixes)
>
> Yes, and a committee of lawyers that determine whether a given
> contribution warrants adding its author to the source code file(s)

I saw OSS projects with the list of authors in each file, in the
boilerplate header.

In other projects like

   https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/blob/master/src/clock.cpp

they resolve more in you way, telling simply

     Copyright (c) 2007-2016 Contributors as noted in the AUTHORS file
     This file is part of libzmq, the ZeroMQ core engine in C++.

Then every year I suspect they have an utility extending the year range.

Regards,
Massimo