[License-discuss] step by step interpretation of common permissive licenses

Massimo Zaniboni massimo.zaniboni at asterisell.com
Wed Jan 18 17:40:44 UTC 2017

On 18/01/2017 16:26, Christopher Sean Morrison wrote:

> B's license is very flexible in terms of where the attribution notice maybe placed.
 > As long as C puts it in the documentation or other materials provided
with the distribution, it will be in compliance.

Yes now I agree with this view. I will soon fix the post.

My only complaint it is that BSD/ISC text is not so crystal clear,
because when you say "attribution notice" it is clear that the license
terms of the original work are not applied also to the derivative work,
but reading original license text is (IMHO) not so clear.

Regards,
Massimo