[License-discuss] Fwd: Yet another question about using libraries with different licensed in OSS

Mikkel Bonde mikbonde at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 11:00:13 UTC 2017

Hi!

I've been maintaining a private piece of package on Github lately, that's
composed from software that's MIT licensed and BSD2 licensed and my own
source code.

The original author(s) abandoned the project(s) and are not answering
neither mails nor "issues" on Github.

Am I allowed to publish this as OSS on eg. Github, and if so - is it enough
to include the original licenses and give credit to original authors? I
think it gets a bit hard to figure out whenever you mix licenses.

Thanks for your time!

*TLDR: *I hope to publish my personal contributions to a Github repo as
MIT, but I'm unsure if I'm allowed to since a piece of software included
(3rd part lib) is BSD2.

--

Mvh,
Mikkel Bonde