[License-discuss] U.S. Army Research Laboratory Open Source License (ARL OSL) 0.4.0

Engel Nyst engel.nyst at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 20:55:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Karan, Cem F CIV USARMY RDECOM ARL
(US) <cem.f.karan.civ at mail.mil> wrote:
>       "License" shall mean the terms and conditions for use, reproduction,
>       and distribution as defined by Sections 1 through 9 of this document.

You may want to update the sections count, they're 10 now.

>    4. Redistribution. You may reproduce and distribute copies of the
>       Work or Derivative Works thereof in any medium, with or without
>       modifications, and in Source or Object form, provided that You
>       meet the following conditions:

I'd suggest to add in clause 4, or in its obligations a)-d), an "if
copyright exists" or something similar. If copyright doesn't exist in
the Work, can't put enforceable conditions on redistributions.

Just wondering: you said that Apache License 2.0 doesn't have a
severability clause, and it would have helped your wishes. However you
didn't add one. Why not?

--
~ "We like to think of our forums as a Free-Speech Zone. And freedom
works best at the point of a bayonet." (Amazon, Inc.)