[License-discuss] Red Hat compilation copyright & RHEL contract

Bradley M. Kuhn bkuhn at ebb.org
Mon Sep 9 17:32:11 UTC 2013

Rick Moen wrote at 16:55 (EDT) on Friday:
> You seem to be trying to imply without saying so that the
> source-access obligations of copyleft licences somehow give you
> additional rights in other areas _other_ than source acccess.  What
> I'm saying is, no, that's just not the case.

GPL (and other copylefts too) *do* give other rights downstream, beyond
source access, of course.

While I really disagree with how Al has been raising these suspicions,
*if* Al has any valid argument [0], it would relate to other provisions
of GPL, and not the source-code provisions in GPLv2§3 and GPLv3§6.

[0] And, to be clear to those who seem to have missed this point: I
    *don't* agree with Al's accusations/insinuations.  In fact, I'm
    arguing against them, in case you missed it.
--
   -- bkuhn