[License-discuss] OSI license issue: Artistic license

Jilayne Lovejoy jilayne.lovejoy at openlogic.com
Tue Jun 18 15:53:08 UTC 2013

Good to know.  Regardless of its use now, we want to capture it on the
SPDX License List.  And one thing the SPDX License List can help with is
differentiating (where the different variations of the license had not
been differentiated before) by coming up with a definitive naming protocol
and via the matching guidelines.  While people who have used the Artistic
license may not have been careful about which variation was being used, a
matching tool (e.g. Scanner) can be so careful. But we still need to come
up with a way to name/differentiate the variations.

Do you (OSI) have any thought on the proposed options below?  I suppose I
should have made #3 the option of simply adding all three variations.

Thoughts?

- Jilayne