[License-discuss] Open source license chooser choosealicense.com launched.

Luis Villa luis at lu.is
Tue Jul 16 04:25:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Bruno F. Souza <bruno at javaman.com.br> wrote:

> Although OSI may not want to recommend licenses, having a set of "license
> choosers" linked from the FAQ I think is a great idea. Each site will probably
> have its own level of disclaimers anyway. Having a few choosers will help
> users, and being more then one, it has no chance in being confused with
> a specific OSI recommendation. Choosers will probably cary their own bias, and
> developers can learn from each view on the respective sites.

In the long-term, I'd actually like OSI to promote a license chooser
of its own. But in the meantime I'm pretty OK with linking to a
variety of license choosers. One place to put that list could be this
page, once we finish it up and decide where it goes:

http://wiki.opensource.org/website_license_howto

(Thanks to Engel for putting that together - welcome thoughts/feedback
from others).

Luis